Saturday 22 October 2011

His Eye is On the Sparrow

His eye is on the sparrow
so what’s the reason for our sorrow?
I know he watches me
but when our eyes meet, I look down - searching for my dignity
underneath is where my heart beats
I sing a new song but the tunes all wrong
I gotta work on me, find my inner peace
It shouldn’t be this hard but the scars aren’t on the surface
they’re deeper than I want to believe
so I leave my thoughts on this “paper” - rid them now to reflect on them later
It’s easier ignoring the truth - but to cut down a tree to hide its existence is pointless
‘cuz underneath what we see lies the deepest thickest roots
so don’t hate the tree - me - cause as the years go by it only grows stronger, taller and no matter how rough the surface the inside is softer
The depth of a person enhances through situation
everyone has a story
for some, theirs gets praise and glory
for others, the significance is not lesser
for most they’re to consumed to try and make it better
call my statements ignorant - a bliss perhaps with an aura so potent
Focus
my mind drifts with the wind leaving imprints like the ink from this pen
on the world
I sit - on a bench - one girl with one soul
alone
so many people around but no one to hold
looking forward to the future I long to behold
I gaze in a daze - LIFE- it never seizes to amaze -ME- I will be great-LY-
accomplished and loved with help from above
This confusion is a temporary illusion
a distraction to deny us-we-you-me of a life long satisfaction
So I’ll sing until the tune is just right
I sing because I’m happy and I’ll sing until I am free
I will never give up
because I know He watches me

No comments:

Post a Comment